Pages

Monday, April 4, 2016

Looking Forward: April Releases



OH MY GOD HOW IS IT APRIL HOW IS IT MY BIRTHDAY MONTH HOW AM I OLD HOW IS TIME STILL PASSING WHAT IS TIME WHAT IS HUMAN LIFE WE ARE ALL DANDELION FLUFF WANDERING AIMLESSLY THROUGH THE SHAPELESS ANNALS OF TIME FLOATING TOWARDS THE INEVITABLE DEMISE OF ALL HUMAN LIFE

I am aging so gracefully

Ahem. Ignore that. Just...look at all the pretty books that release this month! My wallet cries. But it's birthday month so give me all the books, bitches!

The book of the month is a total no-brainer:



THE RAVEN KING! BY! MAGGIE STIEFVATER!!!

soidofhjJSKDFSOEI!!! JRKGI !! OSIG!!!! !!!!!! *falls to the floor* *incoherent wails* *in the distance, sirens*

April 1st



Future Shock by Elizabeth Briggs
I remember liking the sci fi synopsis and the heroine is Latina and LOOK HER TATTOOS ARE BAD ASS

April 5th


The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
NEW RICHELLE MEAD!!! I was disappointed by Soundless, but my love for VA and Bloodlines means I will always, always reach Richelle.

Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan
NEW SRB. INSPIRED BY A TALE OF TWO CITIES, ONE OF MY FAVORITE NOVELS OF ALL TIME.

When We Collided by Emery Lord
New Emery Lord! All my fave authors are writing me presents this month.

Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
WAFFLES ON THE COVER. Also it's set in a prep school in Los Angeles, which is a setting I know INTIMATELY, and I always like that. But mostly...waffles on the cover.

Daughter of Ruin by K.D. Costner
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS BOOK! Look at the cover! High fantasy shenanigans! Warring princesses! That cover!!

The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows
Sequel to The Orphan Queen. I hear it is BRUTAL on the feels. I cannot wait.

April 12th



A Fierce and Subtle Poison by Samantha Mabry
PRETTY COVER. Magical realism set (I think) in Puerto Rico. My heart's devotion. Let it sink into the ocean.

Dreamology by Lucy Keating
Positively DREAMY

The Passion of Dolssa by Julie Berry
I looooooove historical YA, and this is a framed narrative (LOVE) mostly set in medieval France (JE L'AIME) and told in an epistolary style (PS, I LOVE THAT). Gimme.

April 19th



The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas
I need some dark and twisty thrillers in my life.

Scarlett Epstein Hates it Here by Anna Breslau
I hear this is HYSTERICAL, and my Georgia-loving heart (RIP Louise) needs some funny YA up in here.

Love Lies and Spies by Cindy Anstey
REGENCY ROMP!! I've become obsessed with Tessa Dare and funny regency romances lately, and I'm so excited for this to become a thing in YA. MORE REGENCY, SAYS I.

26th



The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
This book is the sequel to The Wrath and the Dawn and it is beautiful and sumptuous and will make you cry and swoon and then cry and then swoon

The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
I'm expecting to cry and swoon and be seduced but sumptuosity with this Indian-inspired fantasy as well

Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun
idk what it's about really besides clearly some kind of castle in the sky and I love that movie, let's build more castles in the sky

The Last Boy and Girl in the World by Siobhan Vivian
Flooding! Romance! Cute cover! I get so tired by the end of these posts, you guys.

Two Summers by Aimee Friedman
blah blah sunglasses

Just kidding, I think this is like Sliding Doors kinda concept where a girl has a CHOICE between two summer vacation options and it's about both of them and omg, girl, choose the one on the right, that water looks DIVINE

What are you looking forward to reading this month? HOW MUCH WILL YOU CRY READING THE RAVEN KING???????

8 comments:

  1. THE RAVEN KING! AHH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!

      (also, your name just made me lol)

      Delete
  2. I'm very excited for The Rose and the Dagger, I think. Is that one a trilogy? Or is it only two? Either way, I cannot wait! Lovely roundup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a duology, sadly! It's so hard to say goodbye!

      Delete
  3. SO MANY GOOD BOOKS! I really want to read When We Collided, Tell Me Three Things, The Star-Touched Queen, Two Summers...BASICALLY ALL OF THESE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wallet is going to HATE me by the time this month ends, because there are just so many books I want to get my hands on! But seriously, how can we say no to such awesome stories? P.S. Yay for birthday month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely that all the great authors are releasing books in your birth month! Very considerate of them. Thanks for expanding my TBR/wishlist pile! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! April brithdays are the best. I just turned 28 and I may have freaked out a little. Time flies. At least we are graced with so many new and exciting books this month! I want to read them all!

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)