Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Looking Forward: October




Sometimes it's really hard for me to keep track of what comes out what month, especially while juggling early reviews and publisher catalogues and all the other confusing bookish things bloggers deal with. It's just a LOT OF BOOKS ALL THE TIME. How do you ever keep them straight?! So on the last day of the month, I post a guide to what books I'm most looking forward to in the following month and that you should keep an eye on. So, since it's now OCTOBER!!!, here are the October releases most tempting me.

Book of the month:




Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
October 20th
THIS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK. Read it, know it, be deeply betrayed, lose your soul, feel your every emotion leak through your fingertips into the swirling void, become intimately acquainted with the empty darkness within you, pour yourself a stiff drink, recommend it to your friends, love it.

October 1st



The Anatomy of Curiosity by Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton, and Brenna Yovanoff

October 6th


Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Simon and Baz! Gay wizards at wizard school! All those words together!

The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
This cover glows in the dark. IT GLOWS. IN THE DARK.

A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston
The more Scheherazade retellings, the happier I am. Also pretty cover (the UK one is even more gorgeous)

A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
More historical YA! Set in an insane asylum. Should be perfect for October.

Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis
I really enjoyed Stitching Snow, and this is set in the same universe!

Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith
STANDALONE FANTASY HELL YEAH.

The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
Obvs.

October 13th


The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas
AHH THE LAST BOOK IN THE SERIES

Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass
God help me

First & Then by Emma Mills
Apparently this is Friday Night Lights meets Pride and Prejudice which Y E S

Newt's Emerald by Garth Nix
Garth Nix doing a magical version of a Georgette Heyer/Jane Austen regency romance? OH MY GOD MY WHOLE LIFE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS

The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong
I hear this thriller is all kinds of awesome.

October 20th


Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
I'm reading this right now, and this alt-history is inTENSEEEE.

Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown
WWI LADY SPY

October 27th



These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
I'm so into historical YA becoming even more of a thing. This is a creepy murdery something set in Gilded Age New York and YES PLS

Underneath Everything by Marcy Paul Beller
I've heard really great things about this toxic friendship story

What book are you most looking forward to in October?



9 comments:

  1. Love these kinds of posts! But ... why July and not October? ;) (Feel free to delete this comment, I just wanted to give you a heads up!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, haha! I use a template for these posts, just copy and pasting the intro paragraph, and sometimes I forget to change it. My bad. Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  2. I have These Shallow Graves to review, can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO MANY WONDERFUL BOOKS THIS MONTH. I'm slightly overwhelmed because sooo many good books to read. I'm very excited about Illuminae. I love books set in space. Emerald's Newt will be my first Garth Nix book and I hope I'll love it. I should because I'm a sucker for ladies masquerading as dudes and kicking ass.

    I'm looking for to Black Widow: Forever Red (though hesitant because I don't really like Margaret Stohl's writing) and Welcome to Night Vale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Illluminae was EPIC. I hope you love it like I did! Garth Nix was so seminal to my childhood <333

      Delete
  4. SO MANY BOOKS I WANT AND NEED IN OCTOBER WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! And crap I feel like I am rather being on my ARCs and reading and stuff!!

    Illuminaeeeee!! I'm getting a signed copy of this one next month and I'm not letting myself re-read till then but ILLUMINAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SOOO behind on ARCs but I'm trying not to get stressed about it! AND YES CANT WAIT TO REREAD ILLUMINAE OO SIGNED COPY SUPER JELS

      Delete
  5. Good choices! I want to read some of those books soon too! Will you review them?

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)