Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Looking Forward: September




Sometimes it's really hard for me to keep track of what comes out what month, especially while juggling early reviews and publisher catalogues and all the other confusing bookish things bloggers deal with. It's just a LOT OF BOOKS ALL THE TIME. How do you ever keep them straight?! So on the last day of the month, I post a guide to what books I'm most looking forward to in the following month and that you should keep an eye on. So, since it's the last day in August, here are the September releases most tempting me:

ARGHHH WHY DO ALL THE BOOKS COME OUT IN SEPTEMBER OMG TELL THEM TO
STOP

http://fancyoatmealblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/tumblr_inline_mirienr4sp1qz4rgp.gif?w=560

Featured book of the month:

September 2nd:



Heir of DUH.

September 2nd

2049399720613491

100 Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith
I loved Smith's Grasshopper Jungle for reasons I cannot even begin to untangle, so obviously I'm excited for this one.

Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
Dual realities! Salem witches! FIIIIRE!

September 9

1828543719507564
 2070881019367070
 
Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley
Girl attends an all boys military academy and faces fierce opposition. Apparently feminist nut-punching rage ensues.

Of Monsters and Madness by Jessica Verday
Annabel Lee retelling! Creeeepiness!

Egg & Spoon by Grgeory Maguire
RUSSIAN FOLKLORE FAIRY TALE.

Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White
I already read this fluffy, sparkly fantasy and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

September 16

20384954203597192031246217352960794365420454626

Falls the Shadow by Stephanie Gaither
Love this cover, love this concept.

The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas
The sequel to The Burning Sky, which I loved intensely.

Jackaby by William Ritter
Doctor Who + Sherlock = Gillian + take my money

Echoes of Us by Kat Zhang
The last book in the Hybrid Chronicles (What's Left of Me, Once We Were) about a world in which twin souls cohabitate in one body.

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Twins! Secrets! This will be my first Jandy Nelson book, but most of the world seems to agree that she is flawless.

Hook's Revenge by Heidi Schulz
A funny middle grade Peter Pan sequel/retelling about Captain Hook's daughter!

September 23

1830980318885674
1836758118302133

Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan
ASDJSDKFSLDFJSH THIS BOOK WILL DESTROY ME

The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry
Murder most Victorian and foul!

Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
I loooooved Leviathan, and I'm hoping to love his newest novel--about a teen YA author and the novel she writes--just as much.

Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper
MOAR WITCHES.

September 30

158280791847559320821376

Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
Story set during desegregation in 1950's Virginia about a black girl and white girl who fall in love and if that already doesn't make you want it I can't help you

Winterspell by Claire LeGrand
YA RETELLING OF THE NUTCRACKER.

Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer
Magic journal, a school for troubled but brilliant kids, unreliable narrators, twisty turny.

What book are you most looking forward to in September?

11 comments:

  1. These all sound freaking fantastic!! I'm def looking forward to HoF (just about to start this series...I KNOW IM SO BEHIND!) and Belhzar has been getting excellent buzz, same with I'll Give You the Sun! But I hadn't heard of some of the others--Rite of Passage sounds awesome! These are great Sept recs & good anticipation novels I'll be putting on my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEIR OF FIRE and WINTERSPELL. Those are the two books that really matter to me. I'm so excited for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEIR OF FIRE! So unbelievably excited for this one! Also, I can't wait for I'll Give You the Sun and Afterworlds! I managed to get my hands on an DRC of Afterworlds and loved it! It's like two YA stories in one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look good! I can't for Illusions of Fate, such a beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, way too many books coming out this month. I can't handle it! And October is no better, to be honest O_O But I'm really looking forward to The Perilous Sea, Echoes of Us, and maybe I'll Give You the Sun. I'm still deciding on that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many good books Gillian!

    I'm planning to read Winterspell next week and will follow it up with Lies We Tell Ourselves

    Really excited about that one. Reading Belzhar right now and really liking it a lot. More than I thought I would. It's kinda got a Dead Poets Society feel to it.

    Read and LOVED Rites of Passage. You need to read this one ASAP.

    Going to wait for I'll Give You the Sun until my library gets it. Intrigued by that one definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I need to get my hands onto Jackaby! I've gotten HoF (but have no intentions of reading it yet) and Trial of Fire (let's see where this Salem story takes us). I've been reading somewhere that In the Afterlight was scheduled for a September 16 release and it's reaaaaaally starting to confuse me. It's two different tales--one says October, the other September-- but I just say "Give it to me now!".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heir of Fire and The Perilous Sea (which I didn't even realize was coming out this month till I saw your post, Gillian! Thanks for keeping me in the know about these things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. God, this month is going to kill me in preorders. Right now I'm reading Trial by Fire which I like even though the prose is sort of driving me bananas. I'm also really looking forward to sinking my teeth into Illusions of Fate and WinterSpell. I have already read of Salt and Storm and recommend it, it's sort of different from what's out there now and it's really atmospheric. Jackaby was alright, honestly a little bit of a disappointment since till the last third and, oh, Douglass the Duck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I do nothing but read this month? I'm dying to get Jackaby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are so many awesome books this month!!

    Hook's Revenge! YAH!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)