Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Book Haul, or the One That's Fierce




I'M BACK FROM MY TRIP. I've been gone approximately a thousand years (okay, it was more like three weeks, but it FELT long) and I almost cried with joy yesterday upon returning to my natural habitat: my couch, with my puppy by my side. I'M NEVER LEAVING HOME AGAIN.

I got tons of books on my trip, but I was too lazy/plane-y/jetlagged to film that particular haul, so instead here are pictures of the huge book mail that awaited me upon my return!

For review from Macmillian and FierceReads:

A WHOLE STACK OF AWESOME



The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Sekret by Lindsay Smith
Monument 14: Savage Drift by Emmy Laybourne
Of Neptune by Anna Banks
Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn

HOLY CRAP, WAS THIS A NICE SURPRISE TO COME HOME TO. So many books! They're so insanely pretty, too, because they're all finished hardbacks with pretty fancy dust jackets and shiny font and deckle edges. Some of these I already own, so expect some giveaways in the coming weeks!

For review from Harper on Edelweiss:

(Damn you, HarperTeen, for putting up ALL THE THINGS)

180099501787893117930904

Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes
Paula = insta-download

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
THAT COVERRRRRR

A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
Fairy tale retelling = ista-download

161815161866075617285330

Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly
This looks like THE CUTEST THING. Plus it's about a girl monster, and I just can't resist that.

The Distance Between Lost and Found by Kathryn Holmes
Beautiful cover is beautiful.

The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
New Cynthia Hand book! I haven't read her Unearthly trilogy yet, but I hear nothing but the best things.


Purchased:

17902141

Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard

I HAD to own the complete series! They are soooo prettiful on my shelves.

Weecap:

Instead of a whole week, I'll just recap what I posted while I was on vacation.

A Confederacy of DNFs
Review: The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Oh, the Places You'll Go!: Reading Memories
Review: Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke 
Review: A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
Top Ten Authors I Own the Most Books From
Review: Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid
Looking Forward: August

8 comments:

  1. Aw, YAY :D So many amazing books. <3 BEYOND jealous about the Fierce Reads one. SOBS. Hope you love them all sweetie. <3 And YAY for Monstrous. I LOVED that book. Awesome :) Happy reading Gillian. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harper and Edelweiss, whenever they put up books I'm DOOMED. Red Queen, A wicked thing and Monstrous where the books I got too :) What a nice stack of books you got there, prettyyyyy!

    Happy reading and welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always such a wonderful feeling returning home after you've been away for awhile.

    You definitely have some awesome books to read! I really, really, really need to read Love Letters to the Dead. I've heard that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daaaang, Fierce Reads sent you a package full of gloriousness (is that even a word?) I though Love Letters to the Dead was a fabulous read. The HB of Broken Hearts, Fences and Other Things to Mend is gorgeous. I need to buy Of Neptune as I have the other two in the series (won them from the author) As for the goodies on Edelweiss, yes Paula's books are an instant DL for me, so of course I grabbed Liars, Inc. I also grabbed Red Queen & The Last Time We Say Goodbye. I am planning a binge read of the Something Strange & Deadly trilogy.

    Happy reading lovely & I'm glad you are home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah for an awesome book haul! (That Fierce Reads stack is MASSIVE.) I'm particularly excited about you having Strange and Ever After though, because I love that series SO. DANG. MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoaa, my jaw instantly went to the ground seeing the stack on your instagram picture. HURRAH FOR ALL THE AWESOMENESS.
    Liars, Inc (Paula's The Art of Lainey was totally fun & fluffy!) and A Wicked Thing is now marked after reading this post. ;)
    Enjoy those books, Gillian!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing haul! I loved The Winner's Curse so much, it's killing me waiting for the sequels. I hope you have a great week!

    Under The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruin and Rising! I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)