Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Book Haul, or the One in Which I'm Still Really Lazy



I mean to film another vlog this week with all the books I got in London but... well, I'm still really lazy, so here are the books I received this week and the vlog will get pushed to next week and OH WELL. Also this week was a pretty good week for me, bookwise. I did not go too crazy with the buying.

From the publisher:



Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer journal
THIS JOURNAL IS SO FANCYPANTS I JUST CANNOT. Seriously, the letters are embossed and the pages are thick and smooth and I just want to scribble all my secret fears and dreams inside this beautiful thing. THANK YOU, JENNIFER AND PENGUIN TEEN!

Purchased: 



Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine
Really loved this gorgeous book. Literally, physically gorgeous, too, because seriously, THIS HARDCOVER.

Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee
SO excited for this! It is apparently timey wimey fantasy and that is my jam.

Magnolia by Kristi Cook
I LOVE LOVE LOVED THIS BOOK and it finally came out and you should go read it, okay? OKAY.

Weecap:
I was lazy with my posting this week, too.

Review: Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine
Top Ten Books I'd Give to a High Fantasy Newbie
Literary PSA: The Mediator series by Meg Cabot

3 comments:

  1. I'm actually on the ARC tour for Belzhar, so I'm really excited to see that you also have it and I hope we both enjoy it. I NEED to get my hands on a finished copy of Of Metal and Wishes. I've been obsessed with it for months and reading reviews on it only makes me MORE excited. I am definitely kicking myself for not getting an ARC of Magnolia because apparently I missed out on a good one.

    Happy reading lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy Belzhar. I liked it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori M. Lee sent me a copy of Gates of Thread and Stone and I'm so excited to read it!! I love anything that has to do with time travel (I blame it on Doctor Who). I've actually heard a few other people say good things about Magnolia, so maybe I should check that one out:)

    Emily from Blue-Eyed Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)