Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Beach Blanket Book-Go


http://chalkdust101.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/summer-reading-533.jpg

Okay, so that is a terrible title and only makes sense if you've heard of Beach Blanket Bingo, but whatever. I was bummed that I missed the Top Ten Tuesday topic a couple weeks back asking which books will be in your beach bag this summer. Not only do I live in Los Angeles, but I live pretty close to the beach, so my beach bag is an actual thing that I take care to assemble every summer. Here are the books that WILL be in there this summer, followed by the books I'd like to slip into the bags of some of my friends.

Books in my beach bag:

My truest loves are genre reads (fantasy, sci fi, even historical), but something about sunshine, sunglasses, and sunscreen puts me in the fluffly contemporary mood.

Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle--I LOVE reading about fictional celebrities in love.
Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kennealy--Squeeeeee!
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell--I plan to swoon
My Faire Lady by Lauren Wettersten--Fluffy cute Ren Faire shenanigans!
Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid--The perfect summer road trip novel.
Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill--I have been told the cuteness of this will destroy me
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson--My first Morgan Matson read!
One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva--This book is everything I need in my life.

Books I plan on slipping into my friends' beach bags:

Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas--so funny and fun and light! Plus, a great ship.
The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes--warning: will cause indecent amounts of flailing.
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West--Nobody brings the adorbs like Kasie West.
To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han--PETER K. THAT IS ALL.
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins--I love summer braincations, ie taking a vacation in my brain. I would so love to be in Paris right now.
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour--this book is like romantic, whimsical tour of my home city, Los Angeles! And the cover couldn't be prettier.
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger--This has one of my favorite atypical romances ever.
What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick--slightly heavier than the other reads, but I love this contemporary so much.

What books are in your beach bag this summer? (Even if you don't have a beach. A pool bag? A bathtub bag? Whatever.)

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Famous in Love! I don't like anywhere near the beach lol but my building has a pool so i guess i have a pool bag! Definitely gonna steal your book bag and bring The Distnace Between us I've been dying to read it! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Distance Between Us is ADORABLE. Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Heeeeeeeeeeee this overlaps so much with my TTT it makes me happy :D BUT YOU HAVE NOT READ MEANT TO BE GILLIAN. OH. MY. GOD. DO THIS. andtellmeallyourfeelsALLOFTHEM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOWWWW BUT I very much plan to read it and I am sure I will have mountains and mountains of feels to share with you

      Delete
  3. My summer reads are gonna be all the Stephanie Perkins books, after reading tyour review of the sneak peek of Isla I just went to check and saw that Anna and Lola Kindle versions were for under 3€ so I got them! I also have To All The Boys I've Loved Before!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyy! Stephanie Perkins! Hope you love! SO much cuteness. And TAtBILB!!

      Delete
  4. This is so cute. I live near the beach too. Now i know what books to bring. Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)